Monday, May 16, 2011

Rose Colored Glasses

 

I love these pictures of Cruz and Wren. These glasses may not be the right size or shape, they may be scratched up, but its the glasses that they had to play with at that time. Neither one complained about the style, shape, size, or color but were eager to slide them on. Upside down, crooked, you name it, those glasses got worked over. I have to apply this principle to myself. This post today is more of a mental note for me than anything else. I did not choose the situation that we are in. It is not the exact way I would have preferred things, not quite the right fit. But, this is what I have been given and so I need to make the conscious effort to try to have a good attitude even when I want to complain. Today was one of those classic days that goes from fits one minute to high fives the next. The pendulum swings back and forth very quickly which keeps me on my toes. I am not even going to pretend that I have this concept down by any means, but I am realizing more and more that I have to choose my attitude. I can't control the situation, but only my response. In this life nothing is guaranteed and there is always a situation that is worse than mine, way worse. I know there are lots of cheesy quotes and sayings about having a good attitude and I won't go there. I just need to write it on my hand, tie a ribbon around my finger, do something to keep reminding myself to choose to think about the things that I am thankful for. Cruz literally sees, hears, and experiences the world differently. His glasses are a little different. So, I choose to slip on his glasses and be thankful that I even have glasses to slip on.

1 comment:

  1. I love these moments you shared! Your babies are SO adorable! Thanks for the post! My sister in-law is reading these now. She finds the posts very encouraging! Love you Linds!

    ReplyDelete